At a glance:
- Tree arborists perform tree lopping to remove unwanted branches from trees.
- Lopping should be done as soon as possible if you are doing it for safety reasons.
- Same Day Tree Works transforms your properties’ outdoor areas with their expertise in tree services.
Tree arborists perform tree lopping to remove unwanted branches from trees. Its main purpose is to make room for a tree’s new growth while ensuring its health and strength for the future.
What’s the best time to lop my trees?
Depending on why your trees need to be lopped, it is best to have the lopping done at the appropriate time. Lopping should be done as soon as possible if you are doing it for safety reasons. It is generally best to lop in late winter or early spring before new growth begins if you are doing it for aesthetic reasons.
However, if unsure, an expert Tree Lopping professional can assess whether your trees need to be lopped. You can get a quote on how much you need to remove from your trees.
Here’s why tree lopping is important
Too wide a tree can interfere with vehicles driving by when it grows too big for the space it needs. In addition to clogging storm drains, sidewalks, driveways, and other areas, trees can also make this process more difficult. Sediment and debris can accumulate in these channels when new growth flows through them without limitation, which can lead to serious drainage problems. As a result, flooding may occur, posing a threat to property and residents. The importance of tree lopping can be attributed to a number of factors:
- By lopping trees, you can make sure they grow in healthy, dense clusters.
- A fruit and nut shortage during hard winters and thin and susceptible tree leaves can make this particularly beneficial.
- As a result of removing infected or damaged leaves, lopping also aids in disease prevention.
- Homeowners with young children, in particular, benefit from tree lopping because it provides a safer environment. Having trees lopped can help limit the access of small children to a tree.
Do tree lopping pose any risks?
In the hands of an amateur, tree lopping poses some risks, including:
- When a branch is removed incorrectly, it can cause damage to the tree
- Trees can fall if components are removed incorrectly
- Trees can become stressed when too many branches are removed, making them more vulnerable to diseases and pests.
Why it’s a good idea to hire a professional?
Licensed tree loppers provide several benefits when they perform tree lopping:
- Removing sick areas from a tree to stabilise its health
- By reducing weight, you may be able to prevent branches and limbs from breaking
- Enhancing the growth and longevity of plants
- To achieve an aesthetically pleasing design
Lopping and removing trees are often related. In some cases, hiring a tree care professional may be more prudent. As a specialty service provider, they are well-versed in the best methods of preserving trees, as well as how to get rid of them once they have outgrown their place in your landscape.
It is because of this that you will likely receive the highest quality tree maintenance service when you hire an arborist with expertise in tree lopping, particularly if your area requires frequent tree lopping to control stormwater and other purposes.
Choose Same Day Tree Works
When you contract the services of a professional tree service, you can be sure to cover all bases. Same Day Tree Works transforms your properties’ outdoor areas with their expertise in tree cutting, pruning, and lopping at affordable prices. Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Tree Trimming services, and more are offered by Same Day Tree Works.